Director of PR & Brand Partnerships, Global Remote
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building relationships with partners of all kinds, and ready to learn and grow in a team environment. In this role, you’ll be creating and driving strategic plans and VIP relationships. You will be responsible for facilitating day-to-day PR and Brand Partnership functions, while creating and driving cohesive and dynamic communications strategies. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate and strategize with our designated PR agency, including:
- Create and deliver assets and information
- Ideate and implement PR strategy for all partnerships and events
- Facilitate and execute all media requests and orders
- Draft press releases, transcribe videos, and craft quotes for press usage
- Ensure they are set up for success to achieve best in class coverage
- Collaborate with internal teams to successfully execute influencer and VIP PR opportunities
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive, evolve, and expand our influencer strategies
- Support, drive, and own all aspects of brand partnerships including pitch, execution, talent management, asset collation, and approval routing for paid and in-kind brand partnerships
- Collaborate and strategize with external brand partnership agencies, leading and executing on all related functions
- Maintain thorough and transparent documentation of all PR and Brand Partnership functions
- Drive, coordinate, and execute participation at pop-ups, festivals, and other live events.
Who You Are:
- Collaborative Negotiator: you can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups, settle differences with minimum noise, and win concessions while empowering relationships
- Inspiring: the people you work with are motivated to do their best, and you inspire others by inviting their input, sharing ownership and visibility, and ensuring that everyone on your direct and extended teams are valued for their contributions
- Analytical: you can look at numbers all day, and help them make sense to others; you take a data-driven approach to problem-solving and management
- Agile: you're future-oriented; you can anticipate future trends, have broad knowledge and perspective in your area of expertise, and you're skilled at getting things done through formal channels and informal networks
- Organized: you can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and marshal resources effectively to deliver results
- Creative: you’re full of new and unique ideas, easily make connections among previously unrelated ideas, and others view you as original and highly valuable when brainstorming
- Reliable Communicator: you are good about keeping people updated about changes, and your written and verbal communication is clear and concise
- Knowledgeable about the media landscape
- Versatile: you look toward the broadest possible view of any challenge, and have broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits - you have an existing passion for the alternative lifestyle and fashion spaces
Your Experience Includes:
- 5-8 years of experience in PR, Events, VIP Relations, and Brand Partnerships
Bonus If You’re:
- Aware of the nuances of media landscapes in and between the US, UK, an/or EU
- In the know about target talent and partners
Does this sound like you?
We’d love to hear from you! Apply using this link.
BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, neurodivergent, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply. KILLSTAR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.